Mason Jar 'Homemade' Ice Cream.

Ice Cream
It's one of my favorite things ever. It's also one of the things I craved the most during my last pregnancy. I would only let myself eat it on days that were above 100 degrees, so this last summer I got to eat a lot of ice cream! I figured it was a good way to keep my body temperature low ;) 

The idea to 'make' my own ice cream came when I made this caramel recipe and I didn't like the consistency of the caramel. So I tried to use that caramel in brownie batter, but the caramels just leaked out of the brownies! 
So I was stuck with ultra chewy caramel brownies. Not a bad thing to be stuck with....but I knew they could be better. 



Then my genius mother said "Don't worry about it. Just throw it on some ice cream." 

So to make your own 'homemade' ice cream you need: 

Base of choice (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, etc. Something that doesn't already have toppings)
Toppings of choice! 
Consider though that some candies get super hard when in ice cream. M&M's, Skittles, stuff like that. 
You could do: 
graham crackers
cookies
brownies
chocolate chips or shavings
caramel or chocolate sauce
I guess other than Skittles you could try anything! But really, don't do those. You'll break your teeth. 

to mix, set your ice cream out for about 20 minutes to let it soften. You'll need to be able to dump it into a bowl. Do this and throw your toppings in. Mix it all together and put it back in the container.
OR, if you have a friend with a birthday, throw it in a mason jar and make it cute :) 

^^it's beautiful, isn't it? My Salted Caramel Brownie Chocolate Ice Cream^^


And let's not forget my wonderful producer. He was really helpful. *ahem* 
If you make any ice cream, let me know!
Just take a picture and use the hashtag #lauraimadeicecream

let's eat! 

Comments

Popular Posts